Tuesday, July 9, 2013

#10000 miles - second Edition

Friends-Companion-Happiness 

It's such a bless...
Friend it is....
Teman adalah berkat. Mau yang sering cekcok ama kita, mau yang pernah bikin sakit hati, sampai yang masih baik sama kita apapun keadaannya...
Semua itu baik...

I know I am not a perfect girl, but I have met a bunch of good friends.. and I am happier than ever....

Minggu kedua di Minneapolis, Minnesota... penuh dengan "temu kangen" haha. Sebenarnya sih sudah dimulai dari minggu pertama. Dimulai dengan "temu kangen" makan makanan pedas ala sechuan, makan BABI panggang ala Korea Cafe (mambo's favorite), dan pastinya beberapa teman... :)
Nah, di minggu kedua di sini, the real adventure began!
Dimulai dengan ketemu ama TANTE JEPANG a.k.a Keiko san... a lovely Japanese lady that I met in the middle of a concert. She was just a random person sat beside me while enjoying a gospel concert. LOL and... the conversation started. That's how everything started. I started to go to her place for practicing piano. Then, we got to know that we had in common other than piano - it's cooking!!!Especially, Japanese and Korean food lol...
So, I was invited to have a big feast of Korean food ;)
I got introduced by a Korean-Native-American woman - and yes! we had in common. It's FOOD! hahahaha... So, by saying things like that, I just made another friend.... don't you think?


Lalu... berikutnya! Akhirnya bisa ketemuan dengan Ern. One of my besties...
 Dia yang menemani pas lagi menggalau, beberapa bulan sebelum memutuskan untuk "pulang for good" 2 tahun yang lalu!!! and our destination was BUn MI andd MOA - Mall of Americaaaa
2 stories giant Forever 21 in a Giant Mall - Mall of America

Then! We had 4th July!
Yellow Fireworks!
My friends brought me to Fort Snelling, a historical fort.
It's interesting.
Bentengnya tidak lebih besar daripada Benteng Rotterdam yang ada di Makassar. Tapi, yang bikin saya salut adalah orang Amerika sebisa mungkin menjaga dan melestarikan bangunan bersejarah mereka. Bukannya dijadikan ruko atau gedung bertingkat - (saaaad about what had happened to Makassar historical sites).
Anyway, ada banyak "tentara" yang udah lansia... haha... tapi jadinya bisa merasakan a strong old feeling LOL.




Old Library at the quarters

These were used by soldiers BACK then!!


me and the "lady"

us and the "soldier"
left right...left right... left right... left right... 
Malamnya, tentu aja kita nonton Fireworks di Stone Arch Bridge!!!!!!!
It's so packed!!!!!




me and my super CA - Katie

Weekendnya, aku diajak berpetualang ke Still Water - 25 to 30 minutes driving.
Honestly, it reminds me a lot like Ubud LOL! Little cute stores and bars along the street. However, instead of rice fields, we will see St. Croix river that separates Minnesota and Wisconsin. We definitely did not miss the chance to pay Wisconsin a quick visit! ;)
 It's just across the bridge! Yippy!


 I got to taste Wisconsin Cheese curds and wear the cheese head! LOL
What made me even happier was - I bumped into my Malaysian frieeends!!! Tralalalalalalala
Jadi, waktu itu aku lagi berakting menjadi tukang parkir untuk Katie. Then, tiba-tiba ada yang teriak "chendani... chendani... chendani" Begitu kaca mobil diturunkan - Ya ampuuun, all the familiar faces were shown! LOL...
BERUNTUNG KALI
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not even closed to where we lived, but I could meet them there! LOL

 Dinner time, Katie ngajakin aku ketemu dengan pacarnya! I just knew him from stories 2 years ago! Hahaha nice to meet you.
We headed to downtown St. Paul for Mickey's diner!!!!
I love this place. Kalau untuk ukuran lidah Indonesia, mungkin terlalu plain and too simple, but diner food is American pride. :) Greasily Good! hahahaha

Cheese Burger and homemade fries

I got my beef patty melts with coleslaw
And the night was ended with
 "moca falito marakee pochi moca patachi patata moja moca linguini maradee loto na do re do re naa lapa take alo tubu dewaa lapa take alo tubu dewaa palake lemiju palaku lenoka kappapo kule PAPRIKA lapa take alo tubu dewaa lapa take alo tubu dewaa linda lulebodo lile CARBONARA ledeshi lede GARLIC laaa (repeat 3x) YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOHUUUUU"

 Despicable Me 2!!!!

Hari Minggu, di Gereja, I met another friend!!!!
I didn't know that she's still going there... since I didnt meet her last Sunday!! LOL
Gosh!!! Happier than ever!

Bener kan... omongan "kalau jodoh pasti bertemu" itu nggak main... dan kemarin Yoon-Jee the new friend that I just met through tante Jepang, dia bilang "everybody was met on purpose" and I totally agree with it...

Semua ini sudah seperti diatur. Ada juga orang yang biar sudah satu kota atau satu daerah tapi jarang sekali ketemu. I have traveled around 10000 miles and I got to meet these people... :) Feel so blessed now! 

Dan hari ini tepat seminggu sebelum pulang ke rumah...
And I am ready to go home :)
I hope, everything gets better in the last week before 23 hours flight ahead. (sad face)

 



CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment